Grilled Salsa Steak Appetizer
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff. BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
Marinade time: 15 minutes to 2 hours
Total recipe time: 35 to 40 minutes
Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff. BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
Grilled Salsa Steak Appetizer Recipe
By August 14, 2012Published:
- Yield: 24
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff. BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com Marinade time: 15 minutes to 2 hours Total recipe time: 35 to 40 …
- 2 beef shoulder top blade (flat iron steaks) (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 24 large corn tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 24 fresh cilantro leaves optional
- Place beef steaks and 1/2 cup salsa in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours. Combine remaining 1/2 cup salsa and chopped cilantro, as desired; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into thin slices; cut slices into bite-size pieces. Arrange chips on platter. Top each chip evenly with reserved salsa mixture, beef and guacamole. Garnish with cilantro leaf, if desired. Serve immediately.
About the Author: